Wednesday, November 04, 2009

ICTU March on Friday Nov 6th

Big marches across the country on Friday:
http://oceanfm.ie/news/2009/11/04/donegal-workers-urged-to-join-ictu-protest/
Donegal workers urged to join ICTU protest

Workers across Donegal are being urged to come out in force to join the Irish Congress of Trade Unions protest in Sligo this Friday ...

Workers from all areas of the public sector will take to the streets of Sligo to voice their concerns over cuts to pay, pensions and services. Mr McCarrick said that a huge crowd is expected as the location for the North West protest covers Donegal, Leitrim, Mayo, Roscommon and Cavan ...


I'll be in Dublin on Friday (arriving at the aerport at 5.20am, yawn). And I'll probably be in the city center in the afternoon having a few drinks to recover meself after the long trip (along with with all the civil servants who'll be thirsty after their long walk).  I'm not sure where I'll be, but on the Saturday I'll undoubtedly be in Mulligans on Poolbeg street for a few jars.

I'll be down home on Monday, and about home till the following Monday. If you see me, say hello! :)

No comments: