The Simple Living Syndicate aims to offer a sales platform to local small businesses in the North West of Ireland in the form of regular sales fairs. We are keen to encourage local and ethical shopping, showcase the work of the North Wests contemporary creative community, and discover exciting new emerging talents.
What do we believe in?
- We can contribute to making the world a better place
- We can choose products which neither harm the environment nor the people that make them
- We can reduce our carbon footprint and help our economy by buying local
- We can redistribute wealth in favour of individual makers and small businesses rather than global giants
- We can encourage creativity, talent and individuality
- We can promote quality versus quantity
- We can buy less and appreciate what we buy
- We can keep traditional skills and crafts alive for future generations
- We can buy from artisans who adhere to ethical and eco-friendly practices
See http://simplelivingfair.wordpress.com/2009/02/17/20/ for more details. If your up there pop in and support local traders and business-people.